Friday, December 21, 2012

A Goodie Box for Christmas

One of the things I love most about Christmas is baking yummy goodies and presenting them on Christmas Day to neighbors, friends and of course loved ones. This year I decided to make some gift boxes for my goodies and here's what I made.


I thought about adding some ribbon, lace trim, pattern paper and other crafty touches but then I decided to hold back, which is something I find really difficult to do. The box was in fact so elegant by itself, so I forced myself to stop with this and in retrospect I'm so glad I did. What do you think?


I also made a complementary tag for the inside, in which I could write a short message or note to the recipients. I saw once Indira of Arty-Sorts using the die cut negatives to make a box, so I decided to try that. Given that the outside was full of the 3d poinsettia, I made the inside the exact opposite. I was lucky enough to have some forest green napkins, which perfectly complemented the whole look. 


And finally here's what I tucked inside each box. Everything is baked right in my kitchen so the house has a rich aroma of cake, cookies and chocolates. 

Oh and I have to thank my buddy Aliena of What's Cooking Today for sharing this wonderful site called www.picmonkey.com - it allowed me to do the most fabulous editing of my photos. Try it sometime!

Linking to:
Tuesday Alchemy #45 - Anything But a Card
Craft Us Crazy # 33 - Merry Christmas
Top Tip Tuesday
Here Come the Boys #42
The Squirrel and the Fox # 33

29 comments:

  1. This is fab Sunhera!!!
    Lucky are those who are the recipients!! and I loved the box.. so elegant in itself..

    Love!
    Manu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so elegant Sunehra! Very simple and sweet..so are the tags.
    And my mouth started watering seeing all the baked things inside.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Sindhu - yes they are quite delectable. Hope I save some for distributing on Christmas Day :)

      Delete
  3. Such fab...Sunehra...Loved the cakes and cookies as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you sunhera these boxes look just beautiful the way they are and they don't need any additional lace or trim to compliment it...the tag tucked inside along with the green napkin is the perfect touch:)...but so is the delicious looking cookies inside :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband still says I should add something to the base, but after all these comments, I think he is outnumbered in his thinking :)

      Delete
  5. wow.. Yummy.. :D and a yummy project..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes they very elegant and beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful...those boxes are equally edible...and the photo editing looks awesome...gonna check out the link you put...ummm...can yous send some cookies!! they look yummm!! wish I could bake...I'm terrified of baking and using butter!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tejal - you know I was thinking about it - I just might be able to send the cookies. Will write to you separately.

      Delete
  8. Brilliant stuff indeed - being the recipient of the wonderful gift box!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coming from a foodie like you - now that's a lovely compliment :)

      Delete
  9. Yummy ! Both the box and the contents :) Great pics too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shubhraaaa??? Where have you been? Not crafting so much these days?

      Delete
  10. Oh my...these gift boxes are gorgeous. The flowers are beautifully created and look so nice on the white boxes. Thank you for joining us this week at Tuesday Alchemy~Wendy, DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG these are gorgeous and oh so elegant Sunehra! love the pearl centers of the poinsettias

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, these boxes are just so gorgeous and the contents are so mouth watering for someone with a BIG sweet tooth like mine :D

    I am sure the recipients loved every bit of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful boxes and the yummy food inside. Thank you for joining us at Here Comes the Boys challenge good luck Ginny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful - I think the boxes look just perfect as you've made them.

    Thanks for joining us at The Squirrel and the Fox.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous goodie boxes! those will be well received! Thanks for Playing along with us this time at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

    Happy New Year! and hope you can come play along in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So elegant and amazing!!!and most importantly u never ever forget to mention the people who inspire you in every little way...and that nature of yours stand as my inspiration ^_^ !!!loved it so much..n by the way,water is dripping down my lips...cookies look so yummy :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing your fabulous project in the Anything Goes challenge at Here Come The Boys
    (thanks for the photo editing link too!) Good luck and hope to see you next time too, Donna ☺

    ReplyDelete
  18. BRILLIANT! Am running outta adjectives now.. haha! :)

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you think. Mention your blog too so I can visit you!