Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Day 18 of Sunehra's Christmas Craft Countdown - Christmas Tree Explosion Box



I am posting this one day late - I should have posted my project for day 18 yesterday and even though I managed to finish it and photograph it, I didn't get the chance to blog about it. I was all set to post it last night but then I dozed off while putting my kids to sleep!! Well better late than never. My countdown is in tact, woo hoo!!Once again to recap, I've set myself a challenge for Christmas. My Countdown Goal is simple - Every day from November 1st to November 30th, I'm going to make 3 projects. They could be cards, tags, gift boxes, ornaments, whatever I want to complete but I have to complete at least 3 projects every day. To see my previous countdown projects, click here


I've got another Christmas explosion box to share with you today. This time the central feature is a  3D Christmas tree. To see my previous creation which had a 3D Santa, click here. The picture above shows the box when it's closed. I have kept it really really clean and simple on the outside so that the inside is even more explosive with all its colourful and 3D elements. 


Here's a closer look at the 3D tree. It's so simple to do. Just cut about 6 Christmas trees, fold them in the centre length wise and then glue the side of one to the side of another. I added some random pearls to create a snowy effect on the tree. Isn't that sweet?



On 3 of the sides of the box I have added a pocket with a tag and on 2 of the sides I have added an empty space for journaling or a photograph. Here's a look at both these components.

My idea behind an Explosion Box especially for Christmas is to convert an unimaginative gift like cash or a gift card into something quite exciting. Any of the pockets can be used to slip in the money or voucher and it can be presented in this fun and dimensional keepsake.

Day 18 done! Say you later today for my Day 19 projects which I have yet to begin! Ha ha!

Linking to:
Come at Get it Challenges - Christmas Gift
Allsorts Challenges - Make a Gift

If you would like to know the supplies used for this or any of my projects, please write to me at craftingtillthecrackofdawn@gmail.com

9 comments:

  1. It's really beautiful Sunehra :)....And love that christmas tree :) Hats off to you for setting up such a challenge for yourself. I wouldn't have been able to do it..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your creation really is lovely and perfect for our theme this week.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely 3D tree.... I have been following ur daily dose of craft and wat a variety it has been till now. Keep going n all de best

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow wow!! the tree is very very beautiful... very nice!!
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow....the bow n 3D Tree are very eye catching n beautiful.....!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow ! lovely.. the tree is sooo cute ..

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice project. Lovely design. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get It this week. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you think. Mention your blog too so I can visit you!