Friday, November 22, 2013

Day 22 of Sunehra's Christmas Craft Countdown - Rudolf's Explosion Box



Today I have another Explosion Box to share with you. This time the star of the project is our favourite reindeer Rudolf. Perfect for day 22 of my Christmas Craft Countdown. Once again to recap, I've set myself a challenge for Christmas. My Countdown Goal is simple - Every day from November 1st to November 30th, I'm going to make 3 projects. They could be cards, tags, gift boxes, ornaments, whatever I want to complete but I have to complete at least 3 projects every day. To see my previous countdown projects, click here

So the layout and design of my explosion box remains the same. You can view my previous creations here. But I do try to bring in a different theme for each creation. The theme is reflected in the colours, the tags and of course the central 3D element. In Rudolf's explosion box, the central 3D element of course is a 3D Rudolf complete with a red nose.



I found the cutfile of the design online and cut it out on my Cameo. Gluing it wasn't easy I guess because it's a small reindeer, had it been bigger, it wouldn't have been so tiresome. The nose is a red pompom. Adorable isn't it! The Rudolf Tags too have a red nose, this time it's a crystal sticker. The cutfile is from www.birdscards.com, another free design.


And here's a look at the box when it's closed. Again it's completely muted and restrained so that it really explodes when opened - explodes literally as the box just opens up, explodes with colour and of course explodes with fabulous central features.

That wraps Day 22. Just 8 days to go and many more great ideas in my mind. Looking forward to it all unfolding or maybe unraveling! Ha ha!

If you would like to know the supplies used for this or any of my projects, please write to me at craftingtillthecrackofdawn@gmail.com

4 comments:

Would love to hear what you think. Mention your blog too so I can visit you!