Sunday, November 24, 2013

Day 23 of Sunehra's Christmas Craft Countdown - Gold And Silver Tags

Today is day 24 and once again I posting a day late. The projects were complete, photographed and ready to be shared but Saturday was a busy busy day - two birthdays parties to attend and the kids down with the flu meant that I couldn't share my Day 23 projects. Once again to recap, I've set myself a challenge for Christmas. My Countdown Goal is simple - Every day from November 1st to November 30th, I'm going to make 3 projects. They could be cards, tags, gift boxes, ornaments, whatever I want to complete but I have to complete at least 3 projects every day. To see my previous countdown projects, click here


Today I've made some tags without using the traditional red and green. Not that gold and silver is not Christmassy but somehow red and green is more so. I had this beautiful bell cut file in my Cameo library which I cut in some gold card stock. The same gold paper became the base layer of the tag and the white background is embossed with a gorgeous Merry Christmas design. I finished it off with a wispy satin lined ribbon which is again gold and I think the end result is quite pretty.  Here is a closeup. 


For my second set I made silver and white the central theme of the tag. I found these pretty swirly reindeer cut file from www.birdscards.com and I glued it to the base white card stock using dimensional tape. A neat silver bow became my final touch and my 3 tags were ready.


Here's a better look at the reindeer tag. Love those swirly antlers, don't you? This isn't the first time I have used this design. For my Rudolf explosion box, I used the same cut file for the Rudolf Tags. You can view it here.


I have to say that I am NOT AT ALL pleased with how these tags photographed. They both look much better in reality and I just couldn't capture it properly. I tried my best to make them look as they really do but I failed miserably. The gold is looking too harsh and the silver is looking too dull! #@$@#$#@!!!

Right, that's it for me. Stay tuned for my Day 24 post which I will publish later today. Thanks for stopping by!

If you would like to know the supplies used for this or any of my projects, please write to me at craftingtillthecrackofdawn@gmail.com

5 comments:

  1. Never mind the photography...these tags are beauties Sunehra!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are very beautiful Sunehra... Love the reindeer..
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  3. gold n silver looks festive ..love both of them . :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think these are your best tags so far!!! Absolutely love the gold ones! Can you please mail me at dreamsbytheriver@gmail.com and let me know where you got the gold and silver card stocks from? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you think. Mention your blog too so I can visit you!