Monday, November 25, 2013

Day 25 of Sunehra's Christmas Craft Countdown - A Sleigh Explosion Box



I'm on the 25th day of my countdown and today I have yet another explosion box to share with you. I've done 3 others during this countdown and this is the fourth. Once again to recap, I've set myself a challenge for Christmas. My Countdown Goal is simple - Every day from November 1st to November 30th, I'm going to make 3 projects. They could be cards, tags, gift boxes, ornaments, whatever I want to complete but I have to complete at least 3 projects every day. To see my previous countdown projects, click here

This is the box when it's closed. As always I keep the outside quite muted except for the huge bow. The colours and designs is all solid without any decoration. The idea is that once you open the box, the explosion is not just with the sides opening out but also with the blast of colour and design. 


Here's the box when the lid is opened. The sides all fall down to reveal a big oversized card measuring 12" by 12". I added a pattern paper with the title Happy Holidays so that I didn't have to add any text myself. Then I made spaces for 3 tag pockets in which I slipped three tags and 2 spaces for journaling. 


Here's a look at the 3D sleigh filled with gifts and beside it a view of the sleigh tag I made to coordinate with the theme of the box. Everything is cameo cut and as always I am delighted with the outcome of my Cameo Creations. 


That wraps up today's post. See you tomorrow when I hit Day 26 of my Christmas Craft Countdown!

If you would like to know the supplies used for this or any of my projects, please write to me at craftingtillthecrackofdawn@gmail.com

6 comments:

Would love to hear what you think. Mention your blog too so I can visit you!