Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Day 6 of Sunehra's Christmas Craft Countdown - An Earthy Christmas

Almost a week up of my Christmas Craft Countdown and I am really amazed that I have been able to stick to my goal. Once again to recap, I've set myself a challenge for Christmas. My Countdown Goal is simple - Every day from November 1st to November 30th, I'm going to make 3 projects. They could be cards, tags, gift boxes, ornaments, whatever I want to complete but I have to complete at least 3 projects every day. To see my previous Countdown projects, click here



My inspiration for today's cards was Casology's Key Word this week which is Brown, so all my projects today are shades of brown. My first card is this abstract nativity scene all cut on my Cameo. The base card is brown, the next layer is white and the nativity scene is cut in brown again. For the star and baby Jesus, I cut some beige card stock. 


My next card is a brown reindeer silhouette. Again 3 layers - base brown, next white and the top layer is brown again in which the reindeer silhouette has been cut. It actually looks better than this. I think I'll take some photos tomorrow morning when the sun is up and my card looks its best.


Finally I used the die cut from the reindeer card to make a reindeer tag. Isn't it really clean and simple and sleek? Love love love the simplicity of it all and the warm rich colour tones.  Entering this tag into The Paper Players 170 - Wildlife, ABC Christmas Challenge - V for Vixen and Tuesday Throwdown 172 - Tag It.


Today was a really crazy day. The kids were late to school, my son refused to go in the carpool and insisted I take him to school, my father in law and I had an afternoon Scrabble date and it was only 5pm before I could start to craft. I am obsessed with photographing my work in natural light and since the sun sets at 6pm this time of year, I just had one hour to get them ready. I actually didn't quite make it which is why the photos are quite grainy, but I managed to complete 3 projects today as per my goal! Woo Hoo!! The only issue is that I am running out of ideas. Gotta spend some time Pinteresting I think!

Update: The Photos above are the re-clicked images.

If you would like to know the supplies used for this or any of my projects, please write to me at craftingtillthecrackofdawn@gmail.com

7 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love this deer head die! Yummy in the rich brown colors and I love the pop of the red ribbon! Thank you for sharing with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. all three projects are absolutely amazing!! and I agree that the tag is really sleek looking! thanks so much for playing along with CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very beautiful cards and tag, Sunehra... The nativity scene card is superb!! I need to do some research on cameo ;)
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  4. All such beautiful creations, love the tag. Thank you so much for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you made use of both the positive and negatives of this die cut. I also like to color combo of red and brown. Thanks for sharing your creations with us at The Paper Players, Sunehra!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Christmas projects, Sunehra,beautiful with the white and brown,thanks for joining our 'V for Vixen' challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge, hope to see you for our next challenge 'W for......'
    Dorte x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards. I love how you've reused the reindeer cut out.
    Thank you so much for joining in with our ‘V’ challenge at the ABC Christmas Challenge.
    Hugs
    Annette - Netty's Cards
    Proud to design for :
    ABC Christmas Challenge,
    As You Like It Challenge,
    Top Tip Tuesday,
    Pink Gem Designs,
    The Stamp Basket, and
    Stamp Fairy.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you think. Mention your blog too so I can visit you!