Friday, November 8, 2013

Day 8 of Sunehra's Christmas Craft Countdown - 3 Pretty Cards

Today is Day 8 and my Christmas Craft Countdown is going strong. Not only is it a challenge to create 3 projects every day but to come up with new ideas each time is equally formidable. So far I am not yet out of ideas and frankly I am SUPER thrilled with my creations today. Once again to recap, I've set myself a challenge for Christmas. My Countdown Goal is simple - Every day from November 1st to November 30th, I'm going to make 3 projects. They could be cards, tags, gift boxes, ornaments, whatever I want to complete but I have to complete at least 3 projects every day. To see my previous Countdown projects, click here.


My first card is an arched window card with an ornate Christmas tree inside the window. As usual everything is cut on my Cameo. I embossed the window with a wood gran design and made it such that the window opens once the bow is untied. I lined the bottom with some poinsettia's and added gold glitter dot in the center of each flower. Entering this one in Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge - Traditional Colours with Gold or Silver. The gold is in the centre of the each flower. Also entering it in Fab & Funky Challenges - Traditional Christmas Colours.



Here's how it looks when the window is opened. There is a wonderfully ornate Christmas Tree with small red decorations. And if you really study those decorations, you will find that they are all letters spelling 'Merry Christmas'. Isn't that a fun way to add a sentiment?


Here is my second card that I have created keeping in mind the inspiration picture on City Crafter Challenge 184. It's a lovely, predominantly blue picture so that became the colour palette for my card. I also introduced the park bench in the card thanks to the white sofa in the inspiration photo. 


I made a bunch of silver snowflakes again on my Cameo and added a pearl in the centre of each so that it had this luminescent sparkly feel. I finished with an organza bow on the street lamp. I have to admit, it is extremely difficult for me not to add a bow in my projects. Here is the inspiration photo:


Finally my third card is a Shop Front Card with Poinsettias. Oh my God I just love how this one turned out. There is something about white on white with just a splash of red that makes a project inherently Christmas! You can see some of my other Red & White Christmas cards here. Again everything is cut on my Cameo and glued down with dimensional stickers so that there is a light shadow beside everything. The sentiment was cut out and I used the negative piece with a white backdrop to bring about a muted 'Merry Christmas'.


And of course how about those darling poinsettias in the show window. A little glitter dot of gold in the centre of each perfectly completed them. Love this one to bits! Entering my Shop Front Card in C.R.A.F.T Challenges - Christmas and Crafty Little Fairies - Christmas in November.


So today I managed to complete everything well in time, allowing me to take proper photos in natural light. Tomorrow is Saturday and crafting over the weekend is always next to impossible. Must do some heavy planning to ensure all goes well!

Thanks so much for dropping by and following my Christmas Craft Countdown. I love having you along for the ride!

If you would like to know the supplies used for this or any of my projects, please write to me at craftingtillthecrackofdawn@gmail.com

10 comments:

  1. Hey ..wat a zeal sunehara you have...liked all 3...super pretty n beautiful...!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!! I'm at lack of words... loved all 3 Sunehra!! the first 1 is my fvourite though :)
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards...Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards !! I just wonder how you get so many ideas on same theme..First one is my favorite !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards!! So glad you could play along with us at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally fun, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely traditional colour Christmas card with the touch of gold in the centre of the flowers. Just love the window and the image inside. Lovely work. Thanks for sharing with us at Holly Jolly. All the best Meighan DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful cards. I love the one with the interactive window. Thank you for joining us this week at Fab'n'Funky!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you think. Mention your blog too so I can visit you!