Saturday, November 30, 2013

Day 26 of Sunehra's Christmas Craft Countdown - Re-usable Dining Labels or Place-Cards



It's been a while since I've had a chance to update my blog on the Craft Countdown. I got really tied up with my Christmas sale and although I was crafting like crazy, I just couldn't find the time to blog about it. Once again to recap, I've set myself a challenge for Christmas. My Countdown Goal is simple - Every day from November 1st to November 30th, I'm going to make 3 projects. They could be cards, tags, gift boxes, ornaments, whatever I want to complete but I have to complete at least 3 projects every day. To see my previous countdown projects, click here.


My project today is something I'm really proud of. I have made dining labels - labels that you can put beside each dish that you serve at a dinner party. They can also be used as a place-card to allocated dinner seats for each guest. Now I've made these before for the ItsyBitsy blog and but they were for one time use - and that's a lot of effort for just one party. So this time I figured out how to make them reusable.


My secret ingredient? - A layer of transparency sheet or OHP sheet just under the final red frame. This way the white card stock beneath would remain protected against anything written on the label. I could now scribble the title of the dish with a erasable marker or white board marker and then...


... erase it off using a sponge or napkin until....


..... it  was as good as new and ready to be used for the next dinner party! Hurray!

 I made 30 of these labels and during my sale at the Hundred Hands event, these were the first to go! They were such a hit! 

If you would like to know the supplies used for this or any of my projects, please write to me at craftingtillthecrackofdawn@gmail.com

2 comments:

Would love to hear what you think. Mention your blog too so I can visit you!